Champaner – Place of rich architecture Champaner has its perfect blend of Hindu-Muslim architecture. Also, the Champaner-Pavagadh archaeological park is a UNESCO world heritage site. This place has rich historic ruins, excellent architectures and deep-rooted history. Here you can find an old palace, mosques, fort and ancient streets. Distance from Vadodara: 49 km Best known for: old forts and monuments Anand – Milk capital of India Anand is a popular place for its milk production centres and dairy products. For that, it is Known as the ‘Milk Capital of India’. You will find here rustic village life and archaeological monuments like Bharuch Fort and Jama Masjid. If you want experience the greenery of the village then this is the place to visit near Vadodara. Distance from Vadodara: 43 km Best known for: Delicious dairy products Dakor – A spiritual place The temples of Krishna by the river Gomati are situated here. Temple was built during the 18th century, hence its history is worth knowing. The temples boast of magnificent architecture and design. You can spend a day exploring Dakor while you visit the place. Undoubtedly, it’s one of the best places to visit near Vadodara. Distance form Vadodara: 70 km Best known for: Architectural beauty Ajwa Fun World – A water park If you are an adventure park enthusiast then Ajwa Fun world is surely for you. There are long range of exciting water activities that will recharge you and your family. The park also has a restaurant which serves delicious Gujarati menu. The DJ nights are an added attraction here that make it one of the best tourist places near Vadodara. Distance form Vadodara: 26 km Best known for: DJ Night and water rides Tirupati rushivan – Largest adventure park of Gujarat This adventure park has thrilling, wide and exciting range of Rides with some amazing replicas of National and World-famous monuments. Click some selfies here, have food and enjoy the rides with family. If you want to spend some quality time then this is best place to visit near Ahmedabad or Vadodara. Distance from Vadodara: 180Km Best known for: one day picnic spot
One of the foremost political leaders of India, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was leading the nation’s freedom struggle from the front and for that, he is referred as “Ironman of India”. Also, he is the person who united the modern India. For that, the statue is named as the “Statue of Unity”. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was a lawyer by profession and was impressed by the principles of Gandhi during his days in Gujarat. Following the footsteps of Gandhi, Patel joined the Congress to take part in the freedom movement. He was a life-long Congress-man and went on to become the president of the grand old party. Patel was influenced by Gandhi’s commitment and joined him to steer the country towards freedom. While Sardar Patel led multiple movements in pre-independence India, his biggest contribution was the integration of 562 princely states. he effectively handled the integration of the princely states with his diplomatic skills and foresightedness. The problem of amalgamating 562 independent states with a democratic self-governing India was indeed very difficult and delicate. But it was nevertheless essential to save India from its fragmentation in smaller regions. By his tactics, he broke the union of separatist princes. He is also credited with preventing Muslim-majority Hyderabad from joining Pakistan. Speaking on his contribution, Prime Minister Modi recently said, “If we are able to see a united India now, it was entirely on account of the sagacity and strategic wisdom of Sardar Patel.”
The Statue of Unity is located at the Sadhu Bet hill and facing the Narmada Dam near Rajpipla In Kevadiya town. The tent city is set up in the same site with a total area of 70,000 square meter area with facilities like power supply, drinking water, road and transportation. Vadodara is the nearest city to the statue of Unity, which is 95km away. Vadodara is well connected with all major cities of India through road, rail and air. You can get on the public transport or book a taxi to reach directly to the site. Distance from major big cities to statue of unity: Vadodara: 95km Surat: 154km Ahmedabad: 200km Mumbai: 420km Ticket details:
|Opening Days||Tuesday through Sunday|
|Opening Hours||9 am to 5 pm|
|Visitor Type||Entry Ticket||Observation Deckview|
|Adult||INR 120 + INR 30 (Bus Charges)||INR 350 + INR 30 (Bus Charges)|
|Children (aged 3 to 15 years)||INR 60 + INR 30 (Bus Charges)||INR 200 + INR 30 (Bus Charges)|
|Children (below 3 years)||Free||Free|
Standing high with pride at the height of 182 meter, this statue is a tribute to the ‘Iron Man of India’, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, who united India. Statue of Unity has become the tallest statue of the world.
- The statue is around twice the height of the Statue of Liberty in the USA. Also, five times taller than the Statue of Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- It is built on Sadhu bet island in the fifth longest river in the Indian subcontinent, Narmada.
- It is built approximately 3.5 kms south of the Sardar Sarovar Dam, which is the second largest concrete gravity dam (in terms of volume) in the world.
- The statue is visible from a radius of 7 kilometres.
- The Statue of Unity has a viewing gallery inside of the chest (which is at the height of 153m). It can hold up to 200 visitors and provides mesmerising view of Narmada Dam.
- The statue has two lifts near the legs, each can carry 26 people.
- It includes a state-of-the-art museum that comprises audio-visual exhibits depicting the life of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- The site has also Tent City, a luxurious nature resort built in the shadow of the Statue of Unity. The perfect place to experience the beauty of the Narmada Valley, the Tent City can house over 500 tourists in its luxurious facilities.
- ‘Statue of Unity’ is accompanied by the ‘Valley of Flowers’. There is also a laser show on the Unification of India.
- Built over a period of 5 years with the budget of around INR 3000cr and took more than 3,000 workers to construct the statue.
- Under ‘Loha’ campaign, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Rashtriya Ekta Trust was assigned the task for arranging 129 tonnes of iron implements from 100 million farmers in more than 150,000 villages in India.
- The sculptor is carved by the Padma Bhushan awardee Ram V Sutar and the Chinese foundry, Jiangxi Toqine Company done the work of bronze cladding. The final bronze replica, measuring 30 ft, was handed over to L&T.